Friday, May 15, 2015

Hoppers

This photo is the Sepia Saturday prompt this week. We bloggers try to follow the theme, in some vague way, as a seed in our thoughts. Sepia Saturday provides bloggers with an opportunity to share their history through the medium of photographs. Historical photographs of any age or kind become the launchpad for explorations of family history, local history and social history in fact or fiction, poetry or prose, words or further images. Click here to learn more.

The only big hopper I have in my photos:

You should have heard Alice scream when she spotted it on the rail next to her !!

Embalse De Beznar, south of Granada, in western foothills of Sierra Nevada, October 2007.


Sorry...too busy with OCD over my tomato seedlings to write more, but look forward to reading other Sepians posts later this evening.


10 comments:

  1. I bought and planted a tomato plant last week. We had a lot of rain this week, so I didn't need to water it. When I looked at it today, it was totally cut off at ground level. Now I don't know whether I should bother buying another.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We were in these parts just a fortnight ago. Didn't spot any large and threatening insects however: thank goodness

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ahhh! A Praying Mantis! I always thought they were perfect for creepy science fiction stories -- a giant one, say, big enough to eat Chicago!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Praying mantises don't hop, do they? Good luck with those tomatoes - I know how impressive they are and can visualize the look of your vine-framed kitchen window from the inside - a true picture window.

    ReplyDelete
  5. On first glance I wondered what national flag was that? And why is it flying so straight over the head of that girl? Any bug as big as that would deserve to be celebrated as a national emblem.

    ReplyDelete
  6. The bug appears to be waving a flag of its own.

    ReplyDelete
  7. That's a handsome praying mantis. Too bad it frightened Alice. I hope your tomatoes do well.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Nigel, you are funny -- what with big hoppers and OCD over tomato seedlings -- though that I do understand.

    ReplyDelete
  9. EEK -- I don't want to be thinking about big hopping things anyway.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Looks a bit like a cucumber propped up on two matches, not a carnivore :-)

    ReplyDelete